Daniel Reinaldo Bernstein L. Ac., CH
NCCAOM Licensed Acupuncturist, NGH Certified Hypnotist, Nutrition Tester
When I transitioned from a career in music to one in Chinese medicine, little did I know how similar they were in some respects. Both used energy (one to move the emotions and the other to heal), and both required sensitivity to that energy unlike other “jobs” might. In 1995, having completed a rigorous four-year program in Chinese medicine I was soon working at a pain management clinic seeing 100 pain patients a week. It wasn’t long before I, like most healers, noticed that much of the pain had an emotional component. In 2005 I began studying medical hypnosis and Neuro-Linguistic Programming (NLP).
I then began to study the nervous system and how environmental toxins impact on it. This, in turn, led me to study Functional Medicine. I now use all three modalities to treat the body and the mind.
In private practice since 2000, I’ve taught at university, and still lecture on sleep disorders and on the diverse ways people heal. My emphasis is on treating the person, not the disease, thereby creating a unique treatment strategy for each person I see.
I am fluent in English and in Spanish. Oh, and I still play my guitar as a form of meditation.
Licenses and Certifications:
• BS from University of Wisconsin
• 1995 Graduated College Traditional Chinese Health-Care as Acupuncture Physician
• Nationally Board Licensed (NCCAOM) in Acupuncture, New York State
• Graduate (New York NLP Center) in Level I & II Ericksonian Hypnosis.
• Member of National Guild Of Hypnotists (CH)
• Director of Blue Phoenix Wellness since 2000.
• Fluent In: Spanish, Neuro-Linguistic Programming, Nutrition Testing and EFT (Emotional Freedom Technique)