Consultation: We discuss your health concerns as well as potential treatment options. At this point I learn about your reason for coming to me, and your expectations to determine what treatment strategy will best meet your goals.
Examination: After your consultation I perform an examination based on the treatment strategy that we have agreed upon. This may include asking questions, pulse and abdominal reading and/or a pre-induction communication if hypnosis is deemed appropriate. Nothing will be done in my office without your consent.
Report of Findings: Once all the information and examinations have been performed, I will give you a report of findings to answer the three most popular questions:
- Can you help me?
- What do you recommend that I do to get better?
- How many sessions might the treatment protocol take, and how much is it going to cost?
The first session typically takes one hour, with subsequent sessions lasting about forty-five minutes.
How Does Acupuncture Feel?
Most clients find acupuncture painless, although it’s not uncommon to experience it as a slight pinch followed by a warm, pleasant tingling sensation. Afterward, many people report a feeling of deep relaxation and elevated spirit. It’s a great way to recharge the batteries before, during or after a challenging period in one’s life. For more on acupuncture, click here:
How Many Treatments Will I Need
The course of treatment varies depending on the severity and duration of the condition. With acupuncture, acute problems can often take 2 to 4 sessions, while chronic ones may take longer . Most patients want to return and get better more quickly. At each follow-up visit, any changes in symptoms will lead to an adjustment in treatment.
How Should I Prepare For My First Visit?
- Bring a list of the symptoms that have caused you to seek treatment.
- Try to jot down minor symptoms, regardless of whether they seem related or not. Try to remember how long you’ve had each of these symptoms, their severity, and how often they occur.
- Dress in light, comfortable clothing.
- Please make sure you have eaten something in the last 4 hours.
Feel free to contact me with any questions you may have.
If you have a question I have not answered, feel free to contact me.