I don’t know whether Past Life Regression is real. I do know that guiding others through their own trance experience can be a marvelous tool for change.
Past life regression (PLR) therapy is rooted in the theory that we are eternal beings who carry forward learning and experiences from one human lifetime to another. As eternal souls, we experience physical life on Earth in a series of human bodies with personalities. On a soul, or astral level, we choose each life and *return* as a means of learning certain lessons. Even if you believe we only ‘come around once’, the stories elicited by this therapeutic approach often serve as powerful symbolic metaphors for the issues and situations we may be facing in the present time.
Whether we are uncovering real past lives or releasing our imaginative powers, this approach has helped many people resolve issues and get past stuck points that were resistant to other healing modalities. In addition, it’s an intriguing way to experience hitherto unexplored aspects of your self and personality. Of course, not all problems and issues are based on the experiences from prior lifetimes. It is crucial to distinguish when we have a current life issue that needs to be addressed through other means.
Some of the areas in which PLR therapy has traditionally been used are:
- Troubling patterns of behavior and/or attitudes that have proved resistant to change over time.
- Relationship dynamics, such as intense attraction/aversion to another person; deep-seated issues that defy resolution.
- Phobias – intense fears, such as fear of heights or fear of water that seem unconnected to any experience in the current life.
- Certain chronic physical ailments, sensations and pains
- Dominant attitudes or emotions that do not serve you but that seem to persist throughout your life.
Some of the more recent techniques in PLR therapy have proven to be both exciting and rewarding. Rather than dredging up traumatic or troubling memories, we instead focus on positive experiences. These areas include:
- Accessing and bringing forward strengths and accomplishments from prior lifetimes that can increase confidence and effectiveness in the present
- Re-experiencing a happy, successful life can bring a sense of balance and peace during difficult times, enabling us to work through our temporary difficulties
- Clarifying direction and life purpose by viewing our blueprint for this lifetime
- Finding prior lifetimes shared with current loved ones, bringing a great sense of reassurance that we are indeed never parted from those we love
- Strengthening the clarity of our path in this life, whatever that might be.
**Past Life Regression sessions last about 90 minutes and the fee is $175 USD. Your first regression session will require some paper work and discussion, so please allow an additional 30 minutes for this in your schedule.