Daniel Reinaldo Bernstein L. Ac., CH
NCCAOM Licensed Acupuncturist, NGH Certified Hypnotist, Nutrition Tester
You could say I came to acupuncture the long way around. I had been a musician (bandleader and guitar player) when I segued into Chinese medicine. After completing a rigorous four year program in 1995, I began working at a pain management clinic often seeing 100 patients a week. It was there that I saw that pain often has an emotional component. As a result I began studying medical hypnosis to alleviate emotional pain, anxiety and insomnia.
My belief that environmental toxins impact on every aspect of our health led me to study hormonal balancing. I now use acupuncture, hypnosis and hormonal balancing to treat the whole individual. The main focus in my clinic is on relaxing the sympathetic nervous system, which in turn diminishes insomnia, pain, anxiety, digestive issues, and stress. Most people come in with multiple issues stemming from a common cause. When one problem falls away, others often do as well.
I’ve taught at university, worked with hedge-fund managers and women in halfway houses (I get far greater satisfaction treating the latter). As a sleep specialist, I often lecture on sleep disorders and on the diverse ways people heal.
Oh, and I still play my old Gibson guitar.
Licenses and Certifications:
• BS from University of Wisconsin
• 1995 Graduated College Traditional Chinese Health-Care as Acupuncture Physician
• Nationally Board Licensed (NCCAOM) in Acupuncture, New York State
• Graduate (New York NLP Center) in Level I & II Ericksonian Hypnosis.
• Member of National Guild Of Hypnotists (CH)
• Director of Blue Phoenix Wellness since 2000.
• Fluent In: Spanish, Neuro-Linguistic Programming, Nutrition Testing and EFT (Emotional Freedom Technique)