The important thing to know about Fibromyalgia is that you’re not helpless against it. Between those things you can do for yourself and the modalities that can help you, there are plenty of ways to take back your life. Among the ‘external’ ways to diminish it are:
Acupuncture, which helps your joints become more flexible, moves blood to the area and reduces pain. Treatments also can diminish the fatigue and lessen the depression, all without drugs.
Hypnosis can help you redirect the focus of your thoughts toward a more proactive mindset and out of the heaviness that the diagnosis can bring. It also can be very helpful with pain management.
Simple things you can do for yourself.
1. Turn off the air conditioner. Use only fresh air and have a cross breeze going in your house as much as is possible.
2. Spend time outdoors. Get a little exercise every day, be it gardening, Yoga, Tai Chi, gentle stretching or walking.
3. Drink at least a gallon of water a day
4. When you feel sore…move, staying still makes it hurt more.
5. Get regular massages, reflexology, acupuncture or do EFT.
6. Eat a healthy diet: this means reducing sugar, white flour and wheat from your diet by 80%, and take nutritional supplements.
7. If you are aching, take a hot bath in Epsom salts and eucalyptus oil (Jones 23 oil is terrific for this)
8. Reduce worrying and let go of dwelling on problems. Meditation and exercise can help you to relax. The more you can relax and learn to be in control of your body, the less pain you will experience.