RESEARCH FOR HYPNOSIS AS A VIABLE TREATMENT FOR IBS
The following are snippets from various trials and come from PubMed.
- Gut-directed hypnotherapy for IBS: A randomized controlled trial.
- “…Gut directed hypnotherapy benefits Patients via symptom reduction and reduced medication usage.”
- L. Roberts, S. Wilson, S. Singh, A Roalfe, S Greenfield. Dept. of Primary Care and General Practice, University of Birmingham, Edgaston.
- Long-term effects of hypnotherapy in patients with refractory irritable bowel syndrome:
- “…Conclusion: this long-term follow-up study indicates that gut-directed hypnotherapy in refractory IBS is an effective treatment option with long-lasting effects.”
- P. Lindfors, P. Unge, H. Nyhlin, B. Ljotsson, ES Bjornsson, H. Abrahamson, M. Simren. Dept. of Internal Medicine, Institute of Medicine, Sahlgrenska Acadamy, University of Gothenburg, Gothenburg, Sweden
- Hypnosis and irritable bowel syndrome: a review of efficacy:
- “The use of hypnosis with IBS qualifies for the highest level of acceptance as being both efficacious and specific…evidence was found to support both physiological and psychological mechanisms of action.”
- G. Tan, DC Hammond, G. Joseph. Micahel E. DeBakey VA Medical Center, Baylor College of Medicine, Houston, TX
- Hypnotherapy for the management of IBS:
- “…All studies show that hypnotherapy is highly effective for patients with refractory IBS…”
- A. Gholamrezaei, SK Ardestani, MH Emami. Clinical Hypnotherapy Research Group, Medical Research Committee, Isfahan University of Medical Sciences, Ishfahan, Iran.